1.Never stop thinking. This is important. If someone ever says to you ‘You need to stop thinking so much,’ call them ignorant in your head and keep thinking deeper. It is this mentality that breeds stupidity and sheeple. Your mind is the most important tool you have, if you stop using it, it will atrophy. Question everything.
2. Stare into space blankly and don’t mentally punish yourself for doing it, even if it is for that split second. If you have a problem with staring blankly, think of it as daydreaming.
3. Root Beer sucks after having spicy food.
4. Everything is going to be just fine. If you worry about acne, you’re going to get a fucking pimple.
5. Don’t be afraid to talk about anything. You shouldn’t be afraid of reality.
6. Everyone is a hypocrite.
7. You are all original. Every life experience is case sensitive and unique. Every time you wake up or go to the bathroom or quote someone else, you are becoming more you than anyone has ever been.
8. Do pointless things. Don’t actively restrain or hide yourself from the redundant.
9. Stop rushing. Shut up and embrace the sound of silence.
10. Religion shouldn’t be taught, it should be found. No one should tell you what to believe except you. And while were on the subject…
11. Don’t be restrained by one religion. People change every moment of everyday. Minds grow and evolve. Religion has no law so feel free to mix and match. Make your own.
12. Going to the bathroom is not a right nor a privilege. it’s an act of nature.
13. Talking to yourself is healthy. Is there anyone that you have more in common with?
14. There is no such thing as time. The sun never sets or rises. Days and years don’t exist. There is only your life. Earlier today you were born and death is predicted later in the evening.
15. We will always be in a transitional phase. Look outside and know that everything will be replaced at some point. This existence is temporary.
16. Its not half empty or half full. Its half a glass.
17. Every now and then take something that you see everyday and try to see it in a different light. Renew its existence.
18. Be happy, but don’t force it.
19. You will always succeed in trying.
20. We are all crazy. Every person you read about in the history books had some kind of ‘disorder’, they just knew how to use it.
21. We are all about as similar as we are different.
22. Ideas are just as valuable as people. Why do you think we keep making people?
87. Numbers don’t have to go in order.
24. Words will always be just words. Love is just another four letter word, only the feeling is real.
25. Ask a child for advice. They may not know much, but they know what is important.
26. Prove you’re alive. Do anything from dancing in the supermarket to screaming ‘Fuck’ during a moment of silence. Remind the world you are still here.
27. Don’t take anything, even this, too seriously.
“We reward people a lot for being rich, for being famous, for being cute, for being thin… one of the values I think we need to instill in our country, in our children, is a sense of ‘usefulness’, in other words, are we useful, are we making other peoples’ lives a little bit better?”—Barack Obama
The “line” that undocumented workers are supposed to go back and wait in does not exist. If you do not already have relatives who are U.S. citizens, and don’t fall into one of a few other legal categories, there is no legal mechanism to immigrate, even if you’re willing to wait decades.
11/27/10: New York City (bottom rung of a corporate nightmare)
Can a true socialist ever be a good worker? I sure aint. When you have the consciousness and courage to see right through what management is trying to pull, how can you go along with it? Forget the word socialist or socialism, I don’t even think I’m a socialist) this is about something deeper than capitalism. When you recognize how they try to exploit people to push another dollar up the ladder, how can you go along with it? We’re all just like a of squirrels living in a tree; (squirrels live in large groups don’t they?) lined up, grabbing nuts from the grass and passing them up to the treetop. They tell us “keep passing those nuts up, once we fill up the top we can start giving them out to everybody down here”. But the treetop never fills up because the squirrels up top keep eating them! And when they can’t eat the nuts fast enough, they find newer and faster ways to eat them! So to keep nuts coming up, the top squirrels dangle a hope and fantasy over the bottom squirrels that maybe one day they could be a top squirrel! And so the bottom squirrels keep passing up those nuts day after day, only getting the few nuts that fall out from the treetop. But I’m the squirrel that says fuck that! If I can’t get some nuts of my own, or take a bit of the nuts I’m passing up, then I’m not gonna keep passing up the nuts like a sucker! I kick the shit out of the nut and send it back down to the earth, where it belongs anyway. And if that gets me kicked off the line then so be it, I’m a squirrel and I can gather my own nuts thank you very much. But most likely they won’t (because squirrels also have unemployment insurance which is partially covered by the employer/top squirrels.) So I’ll just keep passing those nuts up slowly or letting them slip down to the ground. Or going out and getting nuts of my own or with people I can share with. Until one day that I realize I need to make living and if I stay on the line I can move up a little and do ok, and it’s really hard competing with the top squirrels for nuts on my own; so I accept my soul-crushing position down in the line. And this time around I’ll be a little humbler and gentler and there won’t be any kicking or breaking of the nuts, but that doesn’t mean I won’t have it in my heart to occasionally steal a nut that I’m passing up or still know how to make it look like I dropped one by accident. Ok that analogy was dragged out a bit much but it works!! And if you wanna be one of the squirrels just peacefully passing up the nuts, I can’t hate on that either.